Posted: May 11th, 2014 | Author: Mark Connolly | Filed under: Events | Tags: design, products | No Comments »
We already have a terrific UX Book Club event happening this month on May 22. Register now if you haven’t yet done so.
But now there’s more!
Fluxible 2013 featured ZURB founder Bryan Zmijewski presenting on Design that Drives Action. This month, two of Bryan’s colleagues will bring a new talk to uxWaterloo as part of the ZURB World Tour.
The folks at ZURB have been practicing product design since 1998, long before people even realized they were building digital products and not just websites. Yet most companies are still struggling with the concept of product design in a digital world. But they don’t have to. In this special uxWaterloo event, learn how you can elevate your game and design online products that everyone will want to use.
Alok Jethanandani is one of ZURB’s stellar designers. He’s worked on several client projects and is the main designer on ZURB’s product suite of apps.
Rafi Benkual is ZURB’s Foundation Advocate. He works on the world’s most advanced responsive framework, helping others design responsively.
Thursday May 15, 2014
5:30 to 7:00 pm
Communitech Hub, P2P Room
151 Charles St. W.
Kitchener, ON N2G 1H6
Posted: May 2nd, 2014 | Author: Robert Barlow-Busch | Filed under: Jobs | Tags: director, job, toronto, ux, waterloo | No Comments »
Location: Waterloo or Toronto, Ontario
Reporting to the AVP, Digital Strategy, the Director, User Experience is a new role. The Director, User Experience and team will provide thought leadership and be the resident authority team on user experience and information architecture principles.
This person will have a demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with a variety of business leaders, technology leaders, brand teams, and other key stakeholders to develop large growth businesses.
The ideal candidate will bring deep understanding of customer research, knowledge gathering, ideation, prototyping, design frameworks and concept visualization. He or she will bring years of experience building and leading a team ideally including user experience leads, architects and researchers. The Director, User Experience will partner and work with the business units and regions to ensure alignment incorporating feedback and best practices. This role will interface and have accountabilities for communication with a variety of stakeholders in Canada, the US and Asia.
- Develop and implement an enterprise level strategy for embedding user experience (UX) guidelines and best practices in the organization.
- Provide strategic guidance in support of the user experience and information architecture service by understanding the direction and goals of the business.
- Identify and champion the User Experience to deliver business value and increase the Sun Life Financial digital brand recognition
- Identify innovation opportunities improving the customer experience and lead generation with a focus on creating and updating the digital properties to address user challenges.
- Define and incorporate relevant UX, web and mobile usage research and date to appropriately inform design decisions
- Create and effectively present UX deliverables; wireframes, workflows and paper prototypes to explain and negotiate design solutions to key stakeholder.
- Define and measure metrics to track user satisfaction both overall and specific to strategic development
- Build and maintain key relationships in Canadian, US and Asia with Marketing leaders by optimizing their digital channels and ensuring a customer-centric approach is consistent with the Digital Marketing vision and mandate.
- Keep abreast of industry trends, web development technology and advancements insuring SLF provides best in class services
- Staff and train the team according to strategic direction and technical requirements
- Foster and promote a positive working and leaning environment
- Strong knowledge of user experience design; information architecture and interaction design. Leading expert and thought leader in UX methodology.
- Familiar with User Centered Design Process.
- Ability to successfully manage and deliver on multiple projects.
Education and Experience
- University or advance degree in business, marketing or communications
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in digital environment
- Experience with developing and executing UX strategy in a mid to large size corporation
- Business minded and oriented
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop relationships to influence change
- Innovative problem solving skills and excellent analytical abilities
- Strong ability to identify and implement process improvements
Please apply for this position by email at ashley.avolio [at] sunlife [dot] com. We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.