Company: In stealth
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
We are looking for a talented, creative and experienced design leader to take on the role of Head of User Experience. This person will lead the design of every customer touch point and experience, from business cards to an application sub-menu, and everywhere in between. Collaborating with the rest of the management team, the Head of User Experience will have the opportunity to create the kind of technology experiences that people will remember and recall often.
Don’t get it twisted though — this is a big job. Our company cannot succeed without the right person in this role.
Lead all creative aspects of the company, be the voice of the customer, strive religiously to deliver the best product experiences, know when to lead and when to get out of the way. We’re even holding off on naming the company to enable the Head of User Experience to be part of the conversation.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s in Visual Arts, equivalent program, or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years experience in interface, visual and user experience design.
- 5+ years experience in heuristic analysis, accessibility and usability testing.
- Design experience with user-facing experiences on Internet connected devices (desktop, web, mobile, other).
- Design experience with shipping products used by real people in the real world.
- 5+ years experience in leading teams and people.
- Extreme passion to deliver the best product experience humanly possible.
- Demonstrable history of innovation.
- Self-starter who can roll well with others, deliver now, and be flexible in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Work in Waterloo (co-located work environment).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Send your resume and portfolio to gfeezee at gmail dot com.