Company: Quarry Integrated Communications
Location: St. Jacobs
Duration: Full-time permanent (contract or freelance also considered)
Quarry, a leading buyer experience agency, has an immediate need for an experienced UX Designer. The successful applicant will work in a fantastic loft-style space, enjoy continual opportunities to learn and to share expertise, and collaborate with a bunch of amazing people.
Reporting to the Associate Director, User Experience, the UX Designer will work within a fast-paced, talented team, to bring the power of well-designed experiences to Fortune 500 clients who are leaders in their vertical.
As part of our Growth Curve offer, you will contribute to the practices of information and interaction design, working alongside Quarry’s creative arts, digital development and project management professionals, collaborating firsthand with clients to produce effective designs on time and on budget. Depending on project scope, you may act as the primary UX contributor or work collaboratively with other UX practitioners.
Here are some of the qualities that would make you a fit:
- Strategic thinker
- Capable of championing the user throughout the user-centered design process
- Knowledge of key tenets and methods of engaging interface design
- Able to choose and scale activities based on project needs and constraints
- Proficient at designing UI and information architectures and creating user flows and wireframes that address interactions, behaviors and page layout
- Able to bring simplicity and usability to complicated data interactions and flows
- Comfortable conducting contextual research for user and task analysis
- Can gather and incorporate the needs, requirements and perspectives of product managers and end users into designs
- Committed to generating consistent and compelling user experiences across all products and services you work on
- Capable at constructing prototypes and writing design specifications
- Able to design and facilitate interviews, usability tests, and other research activities
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of experience crafting quality digital experiences for web and mobile
- BA in Visual Design, Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience with Illustrator, Photoshop, Fireworks, Visio, Axure and similar tools is required
- The ability to create functional prototypes would be an asset
- Experience with Responsive Web Design (RWD) principles and practices would be an asset
- An understanding of current front-end web technologies like HTML5, CSS3, etc. would be an asset
Celebrating its 40th year in business, Quarry helps clients connect with their buyers and build their businesses by leveraging the power of customer insight. Quarry leverages deep, global experience in persona development, strategic segmentation, user experience design, digital strategy and solution development, demand generation strategies and tactics, marketing automation, creative services and content asset development, channel marketing and sales enablement tools to create buying experiences that fit with the way buyers want to engage.
To inquire about joining this dynamic and growing team, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.