Igloo’s goal is to help people communicate and collaborate in the workplace. This means creating simple but effective workflows to enable people to create content and a delightful experience for consuming and collaborating on it. We need a design leader who fights for the user, sets a high bar for design in all of our products and is a champion for instilling a design culture in our business.
Our Ideal Candidate
You walk in the shoes of the user, think in experiences and are passionate about creating solutions that are intuitive and motivating. You understand that design and performance are not mutually exclusive and you know how to blend the two. And you love making interfaces that are easy to use and beautiful at the same time.
You use a spectrum of tools: personas, design sprints, customer journey maps, wireframes, and occasionally, the back of a napkin to help you design effective solutions to customer problems. You love taking rough ideas and iterating on them until they are a refined product that reinforces our brand and vision.
You enjoy working and collaborating with product managers, developers, testers and company leadership to create the best experiences for customers. You will question and gather feedback on designs, prototypes and demos to ensure they live up to a high standard. Above all else you are passionate about product design, the user, and designing delightful experiences.
Think you’re the right fit? Submit your resume including a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Join a team that’s leading interaction design for our product.
- Take complex ideas and translate them into clean workflows based on user research.
- Facilitate user testing and conduct interface analysis.
- Engage with our customers and product team to understand user needs and competitive landscape.
- Aid in the creation of user stories and support our engineering teams during scrum sprints.
- Create and maintain design guidelines to ensure consistency across our applications.
- Work with design and development teams to bring UX concepts to life.
- Evangelize the importance of design within the organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 2-4 years’ experience working in UX for web-based platforms.
- Experience in user research, interaction design and visual design for the web.
- Strong creative research, writing, and design skills.
- Strong communication skills, but better listening skills.
- You live in Sketch for early concepts, wireframes and high fidelity mockups.
- Adept at creating interactive prototypes with InVision, Marvel, Flinto or similar tools.
Nice to Haves
- Experience with graphic design.
- Experience with responsive and native mobile app design (iOS, Android).
3-year diploma or 4-year degree in design, computer science, human-computer interaction, or similar.